Photo by Yakir Pollak
1. DO NOT sleep, eat, or stay in a room where you can smell or see mold.
2. DO NOT start a mold removal job without first having the items to be removed tested for lead and asbestos. These materials require different procedures, documentation, and government notifications.
3. DO NOT expect mold problems to just go away. Stop the problem and clean up the mess. Mold can spread rapidly and ruin the indoor air quality of a home or office very quickly.
4. DO NOT touch or handle any hazardous surfaces or items.
5. DO NOT vacuum anything. Vacuuming can cause the mold to spread.
6. Open windows to affected areas if easily accessible.
7. If affected area is extensive, move out and or relocate to a safe area.